We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cucumber "Siberian garland f1" is a super-beam, parthenocarpic hybrid, capable of forming greenhouses for a long time, and fruiting is observed until late autumn frosts. Such a hybrid form can be grown both in open and in protected ground.
The latest hybrid "Siberian Garland" has incorporated the advantages of most varieties of cucumber that are popular and in demand among vegetable growers. Among the very rich assortment of cucumbers, a self-pollinating hybrid of the Siberian Garland bouquet type stands out, which corresponds to its name and forms long lashes with a very large number of high-quality greenery.
Ripe greens are characterized by incredible juiciness, pronounced cucumber aroma, and their flesh has a pleasant sweet taste and crunch. The fruits are ideal for pickling, pickling, as well as for use in salads and fresh. The hybrid belongs to the category of precocious and forms the crop very early. The average size of greenery can vary from 5 cm to 8 cm. All fruits are aligned in shape. Taste is excellent.
The main advantage of the Siberian Garland is its stable and very high productivity. In addition, the hybrid form has the following advantages:
- self-pollination, allowing you to get a crop, regardless of the presence of pollinating insects;
- resistance to cold weather;
- rarely affected by various diseases;
- the hybrid form of cucumber is very early;
- high commercial quality and excellent taste;
- universality of the use of harvested crops;
- tolerates the irregularity of the collection of greens quite well;
- the possibility of growing in open ground or in a greenhouse.
Cucumbers: varieties and hybrids
Cucumbers of this new and unusual hybrid form can be grown by sowing seeds in open but fully heated soil or using the seedling method. The first-generation hybrid was obtained by crossing two popular varieties. Such cucumbers grow very quickly, are unpretentious in care and have a high yield.
To obtain high-quality and viable seedlings, sowing of seeds should be carried out in a fertile soil mixture enriched with a complex of fertilizers. During cultivation, the temperature should be maintained at 25 ° C. The norm for seedling growth is considered to be a period of 23-25 days. Seedlings are planted in open ground after late spring frosts. When planting seedlings in greenhouses and greenhouses, the terms are shifted by two weeks.
Cucumber is sown by seeds in the soil, warmed by the sun's rays to 14 ° C or 15 ° C. As a rule, such indicators in the territory of central Russia are observed in the last decade of May. The standard seed placement depth is about 1.5-2 cm. Crops should be covered with a film until mass emergence. When planting seedlings and sowing seeds, it is recommended to adhere to a 60x15 cm pattern.
Before and after planting plants in open ground, watering should be carried out in order to increase the survival rate of seedlings. The main measures that should be carried out during care are the following work:
- watering cucumber ridges should be carried out regularly, because the plant is demanding on moist soil;
- for irrigation it is necessary to use warm water, which does not harm the root system of plants;
- It is recommended to feed cucumber bushes once every two weeks using slurry or complex fertilizers;
- systematic weeding and loosening of soil on ridges will saturate the plant roots with the necessary oxygen;
- a good result is shown by mulching ridges, which reduces the growth of weeds and reduces the evaporation of moisture from the soil surface;
- when growing, the trellis method is used, which facilitates plant care and harvesting;
- to protect against diseases and damage by plant parasites, periodic spraying of cucumber leaves with infusions should be carried out;
- with the defeat of cucumbers by pests or diseases, it is recommended to use special systemic fungicides;
- hybrids from this series must be formed into one stem in order to have a positive effect on plant growth and development, as well as increase yield.
Subject to agricultural technology, the average yield reaches 30 kg per square meter. Cucumbers are not prone to overgrowing, without bitterness and without voids, have a very pleasant, delicate and sweet taste.
After reading the corresponding article on our resource, you can learn about the varietal characteristics of cucumbers "Competitor".
Reviews of vegetable growers
As a rule, reviews about this hybrid form are very positive. The plant forms small, neat and strong cucumbers. According to most gardeners, ground cucumbers require less maintenance and are more vibrant and rich in taste.
Growing the Siberian Garland will free up a large amount of planting area, significantly saving time and energy for caring for plants. Vegetable growers are just eyeing, but now we can assume a high demand for hybrids of the new series in the coming years. Of course, the cost of seed material is quite high, but is fully justified by the high yield, excellent taste and environmental friendliness of grown greens.