We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A dish of eggplant with garlic and herbs for the winter is an appetizer for spicy lovers who want to diversify their food in the cold season. Even an inexperienced housewife can handle simple recipes. With a minimum of ingredients, vegetables are always tasty and aromatic.
Features of harvesting eggplant with herbs and garlic for the winter
Fresh vegetables and herbs are the basis for the correct preparation of eggplant with garlic.
Tips for housewives:
- After frying, the blue ones should be left in a colander until the excess oil is separated.
- It is best not to use a metal knife for slicing the eggplant.
- It is better to chop or chop the garlic finely to spread the piquant smell.
- It is better to preserve greens with twigs - in winter it can be used as a dressing for other dishes.
- To prevent the fruits from darkening after cutting, you can put them in cold water with the addition of lemon juice.
- To eliminate the bitterness, the peel is pierced with a fork and the blue ones are placed in a saline solution.
- Before frying, vegetables should be kept in saline for a few minutes to preserve vitamins.
Eggplants are processed depending on taste preferences, but baked vegetables retain more vitamins and are more easily absorbed by the human body.
Long-term storage of workpieces in winter is ensured by the correct selection of products. Eggplants should be ripe, firm, dark purple in color. When buying, you should take vegetables with a green stalk. You should not make blanks from overripe or sun-damaged fruits.
Garlic for dressing eggplants for the winter is chosen to be dense and juicy. The heads must be firm, not overripe, otherwise the teeth may turn blue-green. Such garlic will not provide the necessary flavor and beneficial vitamins.
You need to carefully approach the choice of greenery. To prepare eggplants with garlic and dill, cilantro or parsley, take young juicy green plants. When rubbed in the hands, they should give a distinct aroma. When dressing the eggplant with herbs, cut off the stems and use the leafy part.
Preparing containers for the start of the process
Processing of containers for conservation is a guarantee of long-term preservation of vitamins and taste of food products. Light green or colorless glass jars are recommended. The initially contaminated container is washed with baking soda and rinsed with hot water, then sterilized.
- Using a teapot. The washed cans are placed with the neck on an open kettle with boiling water, bottom up. The duration of the procedure is 20 minutes.
- Using a gas outlet tube. A tube is attached to the kettle to release steam. The containers are treated with hot steam coming from a hose.
- In the oven. The method is convenient for processing a large number of cans. To do this, washed dry glass containers are put upside down on a baking sheet and sent to the oven for 20-30 minutes. Sterilization of cans in the oven occurs at a temperature of at least 150 degrees.
After sterilization, the containers are allowed to cool and removed from the oven. Banks are placed upside down on a tray. To prevent the glass from bursting, do not use wet towels and oven mitts or abruptly pull the container out of the oven.
How to prepare eggplants?
The amount of ingredients for marinating eggplants with garlic and herbs is taken depending on the desired result. The minimum calculation is based on a kilogram of vegetables.
The following is necessary for cooking:
- eggplant - 1 kg;
- garlic - 1-2 heads;
- frying oil;
- table vinegar 9%;
- salt, pepper to taste;
A simple recipe
Steps for preparing a dish:
- Wash the blue ones, cut off the tail and divide into circles or slices 7-8 mm thick.
- Cover chopped vegetables with salt, add water and 3 teaspoons of vinegar to increase the shelf life of the workpiece.
- Cover the container with vegetables with a plate and put pressure to extract juice.
- Peel the garlic, chop the herbs, removing the stems.
- To prepare the marinade in boiling water, add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil per 1 liter of water and a spoonful of vinegar essence, mix well.
- Send salted eggplants to the solution. To taste - bay leaf and peppercorns. Cook vegetables for 7-10 minutes.
- Put the blue ones in a sterilized container in layers, alternating vegetables, garlic, chopped parsley, dill. Tamp the ingredients well to reduce the amount of air in the jar.
- Close the container tightly and allow to cool, then move to the cold.
Salted eggplants can be preserved both for long-term storage and for consumption the next day. It is not necessary to sterilize the product and seal tightly for this.
How to quickly make blanks:
- Vegetables are washed and crushed into cubes.
- The blue ones are boiled in saline.
- Eggplants are cooled, seasoned with finely chopped garlic, any herbs and vegetable oil.
- Close with a lid and leave to infuse in the refrigerator.
The product is ready for use after a day.
Further storage of conservation
The storage conditions for eggplants with garlic and herbs depend on how they are prepared. If the container was sterilized before filling and hermetically closed, the conservation is sent to a dark room with an air temperature of no more than 20 degrees and a humidity of 75%.
It is unacceptable to store blanks at sub-zero temperatures or in the area where sunlight is available - there may be a bombing, a change in the consistency, color of the product.
Duration of storage of a closed container - no more than 12 months, uncorked - 1-2 days in the refrigerator.