We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Grapes "Rosmus" refers to the breeding form of a very early harvest ripening period. The new form was obtained as a result of saturation crossing using the parent line from the cultivar Sofia and cultivar Arcadia.
Grapes "Rosmus" is a breeding form, which was obtained by amateur breeder V.V. Zagorulko. The genotype includes such varieties and forms as "Arcadia", "Radiant raisins", "Cardinal", "Moldova" and "Pink raisins".
A variety of grapes called "Rosmus" is one of the new and insufficiently tested. The bush has high growth power and power. The clusters are formed quite large, with an average weight of 1 kg, cone-shaped. The leaves are dark green in color, medium in size, rounded and slightly dissected. On each shoot three inflorescences with bisexual flowers are formed. Matured shoots have a greenish-brown color with burgundy nodes.
Technical characteristics of berries
Berries of rosmus grapes are very large, with an average weight of 10 to 12 g. The shape of a ripe berry is oval, and the color of a dense but completely eaten peel can vary from golden pink to saturated pink. The pulp of ripe berries is juicy, moderately fleshy. The taste is original, pronounced nutmeg with the aroma of tea rose. The stalks are of sufficient length and density, light green in color. Declared a lack of tendency to pee berries.
Grapes "Rosmus": cultivation
Advantages and disadvantages of the variety
Additional studies are currently underway for rosmus grapes, but the following advantages of this breeding form are already known:
- vine ripening is good;
- frost resistance -24 ° С;
- bisexual flowering with a high level of pollination;
- lack of peeling;
- the harvest is well transported;
- original taste with excellent appearance of berries;
- high sugar accumulation;
- resistance to mildew, oidium and rot from 2.5 to 3 points;
- the variety is almost never damaged by wasps.
In addition, ripe grapes can persist for a long time on the bushes without loss of commercial quality and reduced taste. The compact structure of the grape cluster greatly facilitates transportation even over long distances.
For planting rosemary grape seedlings, the standard scheme is used:
- it is possible to plant seedlings both in the spring, with sufficient warming of air and soil temperatures, and in autumn;
- Landing pits should be prepared in advance;
- the landing area should be as warm as possible and located on the sunny side of capital buildings or terraces;
- planting pits or trenches are recommended to be located from south to north; the standard depth of such a pit is 70 cm, length 80 and width 40 cm.
- the soil remaining after digging holes should be supplemented with two buckets of humus and a bucket of sifted sand;
- the bottom of the landing pit or trench is covered with a layer of gravel 5-10 cm high; the second layer for the landing pit is nutrient soil with the addition of complex fertilizers; the third layer consists of soil with humus and sand poured with some elevation in the center of the landing pit;
- a sapling is established on an elevation (its root system is pre-soaked in water, into which the heteroauxin stimulator is added).
After planting, seedlings should be watered. If the soil settles strongly after irrigation, then it is necessary to add soil.
Rosemus grapes are not very picky in growing and easily tolerate some deviations from the standard:
- grape needs for water are different in different phases of vegetation, the main stage of irrigation is flowering, when the plant is especially in need of moisture;
- Abundantly poured soil is recommended to be loosened and mulched with sawdust or coniferous needles in order to preserve moisture;
- weed removal should be carried out regularly;
- top dressing in the first three years of cultivation is not recommended;
- insufficient knowledge of the resistance of this breeding form to defeat the main diseases and pests requires two mandatory sprayings with fungicides;
- pruning and sheltering of the vines for the winter period must be made, which is due to insufficient knowledge of the frost resistance of the hybrid form in different regions of cultivation.
It is allowed to carry out long trimming (from 9-10 to 14-18 eyes). Pruning of grape bushes begins with the removal of any shoots that are unnecessary for the plant, primarily broken, dry and thickening plantings.
Grapes "Rosmus" is a new selection form and recently began to be cultivated by gardeners in our country. To prove or disprove the data on the resistance of the vine to the defeat of the main diseases and pests, as well as frost resistance of the bushes, time must pass. Therefore, the data published at the moment should be treated as indicative.
According to the observations of winegrowers, the berry on the vine is formed large, with a pleasant color. A good nutmeg taste is noted. The clusters on the "signaling" are small, compact. Compliance with the declared ripening dates (approximately 115 days) and a large growth force on root-owning vine bushes. The vine ripens very actively and fully.
Signal harvests of grapes of the hybrid form "Rosmus" show that the clusters are quite attractive in appearance, have excellent taste. The first grapes ripened on root-growing bushes, are noted by winegrowers, were stored on vineyards for a long time and without damage even in adverse weather conditions.
Grapes: germination of cuttings
Despite the fact that winegrowers and amateur gardeners are just looking at this hybrid form and do not always get the desired color of berries, the Rosmus grapes are already classified by the majority as promising for growing in home gardens.