We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cucumber "Courage f1" is a modern high-yielding hybrid with a bouquet type of formation of fruit ovaries, which look very impressive in the photo and give a high yield regardless of weather conditions.
Hybrid "Courage" is characterized by a female type of flowering. From seedlings to fruiting takes about 35-45 days. The bushes are medium-sized, with average weaving and 2-5 ovaries. The variety belongs to parthenocarpic and high-yielding, differs in early maturity. The plant is disease resistant and very rarely affected by olive spotting, true and downy mildew, as well as the cucumber mosaic virus.
Fruits are intended for salting, canning and fresh use. The taste and presentation of cucumbers are very good. The length of the slightly-ribbed green stuff can vary from 13 to 16 cm, the diameter is 3.5-4 cm. The surface of the ripened green stuff is characterized by frequent tuberosity and the presence of white spines. The form of greenery is oval-cylindrical. The average weight is about 130 g. The pulp is very fragrant and crispy.
Advantages and disadvantages
The hybrid form of cucumbers called "Courage f1" has a large number of advantages that allow us to classify the variety as promising for amateur cultivation:
- early ripening;
- early maturity and high productivity;
- resistance to diseases and pests;
- universality of the use of ripe greens;
- excellent taste and marketability indicators of fruits.
This hybrid can be grown not only in sheltered ground, but also in ridges in the open, without the use of film shelter.
Cucumber "Courage f1": growing
In order to get healthy and strong plants that will form a plentiful and high-quality crop, the correct preparatory and sowing work should be carried out.
Presowing seed treatment
The laying of the future crop of cucumbers always begins with the implementation of pre-sowing preparation of seeds, which includes:
- sorting and selection of high-quality seed material by placing in saline solution;
- heating seeds on central heating batteries;
- dressing or disinfection of seed in a solution of potassium permanganate from disease damage or dry dressing using NIUIF-2;
- germination of seed material using stimulants such as boric acid, zinc sulfate or baking soda;
- hardening of germinated seeds in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
Qualitatively prepared seeds germinate quickly enough and give very strong, healthy seedlings.
Sowing of seed material in open ground is carried out on pre-prepared ridges. On the plot you should choose the ridges where cabbage, potatoes or legumes were previously grown.
During the autumn preparation of soil for each square meter, three glasses of ash, three buckets of high-quality manure and 70 g of nitrofoska are added. In the spring, a deep digging of the soil is carried out. Each finished ridge should be covered with plastic wrap for a weekly heating of the soil. Sowing should be carried out in April-May, adhering to a 50 x 50 cm pattern with a sowing depth of 3-4 cm.
To get high-quality seedlings, it is necessary to conduct timely sowing of prepared seeds in separate planting containers filled with fertile soil. Before the first shoots, cover the crops with a film and place containers with sown seeds in a warm place. The main care for seedlings is to conduct regular irrigation and a single feeding of nitrofos or diluted slurry.
In our country, almost all vegetable growers are engaged in the cultivation of cucumbers. This culture is successfully managed by both experienced gardeners and novice summer residents. It should be remembered that cultivation of cucumbers in open and closed ground has some features.
The technology for cultivating cucumbers on ridges of open ground is based on the biological characteristics of this popular vegetable crop.
Landing holes are made with a distance of 40 cm from each other. 3-4 seeds should be sown in each hole to a depth of 2-4 cm, after which they are sprinkled with loose soil. After sowing, the ridges should be covered with a film or any other material suitable for this purpose. Thinning should be done after two weeks. With this method of cultivation, cucumber lashes spread on the ground and are not subject to formation. During the growth process, the lashes should be carefully distributed over the surface of the entire ridge.
This method involves sowing in the grooves, which are formed on previously prepared ridges. The standard distance between the grooves is a meter. Seed should be buried 2.5-3 cm with a distance of 15 cm. After emergence, seedlings should be thinned to a distance of 35 cm between plants. The vertical method of growing involves providing plants with support, for which cucumbers cling to their whiskers.
Care for cucumber bushes on greenhouse ridges is subject to the following rules:
- watering is carried out every other day, with warm water, in the evening hours;
- for feeding, manure or complex fertilizer should be used for garden vegetable crops;
- plants should be formed into one stem, which allows you to get a yield of more than 10 kg per square meter in two months of fruiting;
- conducting rationing of the ovaries in the axils of the leaves is not recommended;
- 2 or 3 shoots should be left on the main stem under the trellis, pinching them on a pair of leaves.
It is very important in the formation process to pay great attention to the organization of good illumination of greenhouse agrophytocenosis.
Basic care rules
Hybrid "Courage" requires standard care products for any cucumber:
- cucumbers need regular watering, but do not respond well to waterlogging of the soil;
- plants should be fed four times a season with a solution of mullein or bird droppings or any complex mineral fertilizer;
- plants are responsive to the application of foliar top dressing in the form of a urea solution, especially at the flowering stage and with a lag in development;
- To increase the yield, pinching of the main stem is carried out after the fifth leaf, which stimulates the growth of second-order shoots.
Harvesting fully ripened fruits is recommended every two days, which has a positive effect on the formation of new ovaries.
We also offer you to read an article about cucumbers of the "Berendey f1" variety.
How to care for cucumbers
Reviews of vegetable growers
Hybrid "Courage f1" is significantly different from other varieties of cucumbers, and the technology for its cultivation cannot be approached with general criteria, otherwise gross errors in agricultural technology are possible. Modern hybrids with a "bunch" type of fruiting are very popular among gardeners. Today, a lot of vegetable growers are satisfied with Cucumber cucumbers. Positive reviews make the hybrid very popular and in demand among gardeners, which allows us to conclude that it is promising.
A hybrid of cucumber "Courage f1" is included in the State Register of Russia and is recommended for cultivation in garden plots, in home gardens and small farms. The originator of the hybrid is the well-known company Gavrish. The highest yield is observed when growing under film shelters. The hybrid is very stable in terms of high productivity and resistance to major diseases.