We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The hybrid variety of cucumbers "Berendey f1" from the well-known originator company "Gavrish" is included in the state register of vegetable plants and is recommended for cultivation on beds in film greenhouses or tunnels. This variety is characterized by high productivity and resistance to many adverse growing conditions.
Parthenocarpic cucumber "Berendey f1" is a precocious hybrid form with a predominantly female flowering type. The bushes are medium-sized, medium-branched, forming at least 3 ovaries in the node. Zelentsev ripening occurs in 45-50 days after emergence of seedlings.
Fruits are cylindrical in shape, with a tuberous and white-spiked surface, with a length of 12.5 to 14.5 cm. The diameter on the transverse section does not exceed 4.5 cm. The average weight of green leaves is 135 g. The pulp is dense, juicy, aromatic and crisp. Universal use hybrid, equally good for fresh consumption and canning.
Advantages and disadvantages
The hybrid form "Berendey f1" has the following advantages:
- great taste of greens;
- the appearance of the fruit;
- universal purpose of cucumbers;
- the possibility of growing in open and protected ground;
- hybrid self-pollinated and high-yielding.
Commodity yield of Zelentsy is about 14 kg per square meter of landing area.
How to grow cucumbers on a windowsill
Planting cucumbers of the described variety can be carried out in two ways.
Sowing cucumbers on beds in open ground should be no earlier than mid-May. Direct sowing of cucumber seeds significantly reduces the time and effort required to obtain seedlings. You should know some characteristics of the seed material of the cucumber variety "Berendey f1" and the features of the sowing process:
- high-quality seeds are characterized by one-dimensionality, good germination, the intensity of germination in the soil;
- Before sowing, it is necessary to carefully study the description of the seed on the package, in particular to check whether the seed has been treated;
- a significant amount of seeds goes to the sale processed by such highly effective agents as Tiram or Benomin;
- presowing preparation of seeds consists in their thermal disinfection, as well as soaking in a solution of trace elements for 12 hours;
- standard landing pattern 50 x 50 cm;
- bury the seeds in nutrient soil should be no more than 1.5-2 cm.
Crops must be covered with a film that is removed after emergence. If necessary, you can thin out seedlings, leaving only the most viable and strong plants.
Planting cucumbers for seedlings is a very popular and widely used method that significantly approximates the time for getting an early crop. You can get high-quality and healthy seedlings of cucumbers not only at home, but also by arranging seedlings with sown seeds in greenhouses. The proper cultivation of cucumber seedlings for the greenhouse includes a set of agrotechnical measures that allow you to get strong and hardened seedlings:
- cucumber seeds can be sown dry, but it is best to pretreat them;
- a good soil mixture is obtained by mixing two parts of garden soil with one part of peat and one part of sand, which has undergone disinfection with high temperature or special chemicals;
- seeds should be deepened by 1.5 cm;
- landing boxes are covered with a film and placed in a warm place at a temperature of 22-24 ° C;
- after emergence, the shelter is removed;
- unfolding of cotyledons is a signal for moving seedlings to a cooler place, with a temperature of 18 ° C.
The main care of seedlings is regular watering, which will not allow the soil to dry out, as well as in a single application of complex fertilizer. 10 days before planting seedlings in the soil, it is desirable to lower the temperature to 16 ° C, which has a hardening effect on plants. Favorable time for planting seedlings in the ground is noted by heating the soil to 17-18 ° C. Placing plants should be with aisles of 1.4 m. After planting, high-quality watering is carried out.
With the implementation of competent and proper care from each bush of cucumbers "Berendey f1" it is possible to obtain about 8 kg of juicy and aromatic greenery. The hybrid form has unique shade tolerance and high productivity, and basic care is not difficult:
- watering is carried out with warm water after the heat of the day subsides;
- the frequency of irrigation in sheltered soil depends on temperature conditions and lighting;
- loosening between rows, as well as removing weeds from ridges should be carried out every 10 days;
- in open ground, plants should not be formed;
- When grown in a greenhouse, trellises are used.
To increase productivity, it is recommended to pinch the lower side shoots above the second or third leaf. It is very important to conduct regular inspections of plants so as not to miss the appearance of the first signs of damage by diseases or pests.
We also offer you to read an article that tells about the varietal characteristics of cucumbers "Kibria f1".
Reviews of vegetable growers
Cucumber "Berendey f1" is one of the few parthenocarpic hybrids that grow and bear fruit well when grown on balconies. Feedback from gardeners on the hybrid is positive. The advantage is that the seeds are prepared for planting without soaking. The vegetable growers are also attracted by the bouquet formation of ovaries, which provides abundant crop yields.
How to care for cucumbers
This hybrid form, according to the observations of gardeners, develops best in the presence of light penumbra, where the green leaves are tied in bundles, heterogeneous, with a difference of a couple of days. Cucumbers grow dense, pimply, with very tasty and fragrant flesh. The plant is shade-tolerant, resistant to cladosporiosis, cucumber mosaic virus and powdery mildew. Even with insufficiently favorable weather conditions, many very beautiful and tasty greenhouses are formed on the bushes.