We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Cucumber "Kibria f1" from the company "Rijk Zwaan", or "Raik Zwan", appeared in our country relatively recently. The hybrid form is included in the State Register and is recommended for cultivation in winter-spring and spring-summer turns.
The hybrid form "Kibria f1" forms medium-tall and tall plants, highly branched, with a female type of flowering. The number of ovaries in each node can be 1-3 pieces. Leaves are medium sized.
Zelentsy are short, oval, with a dark green surface, with short stripes. Zelentsy is medium-hilly, white-spiked, with crisp, without bitterness and voids flesh. The average weight of green leaves varies from 70 to 90 grams. Taste data is good.
Advantages and disadvantages
The highly productive parthenocarpic hybrid "Kibria f1" is recommended for cultivation in protected ground and has the following positive characteristics:
- high-quality appearance of greenhouses;
- good taste indicators of vegetables;
- universal use of greens;
- resistance to cladosporiosis, cucumber mosaic virus and powdery mildew;
- moderate growth of lateral shoots, which facilitates care;
- good plant regeneration after exposure to stress factors;
- very early yield;
- excellent long-term keeping quality and transportability of greenhouses.
Hybrid "Kibria" is low-cost in terms of care and responsive to good nutrition, resulting in a rich commodity crop, reaching 13.5-19.5 kg of greenery per square meter.
Seeds of cucumber "Kibria f1"
Kibria f1 cucumbers are recommended to be grown in the seedling method, which has a positive effect on the survival rate of the plant and has a beneficial effect on yield. When growing seedlings of cucumbers "Kibria f1", the following points must be taken into account:
- seed material does not need preliminary preparation, it has passed the entire necessary complex of pre-sowing treatment and is fully ready for sowing;
- sowing must be carried out in special seedling cassettes or pots that allow transplanting seedling material to a permanent place with less trauma;
- the pH of the soil should be 6, and if necessary, liming of the substrate is performed;
- planting soil mixture should include peat with the addition of nutrients and perlite or vermiculite, as well as undergo treatment from pathogenic microflora;
- before the stage of transplanting seedlings to a permanent place, a couple of plant dressings should be carried out with solutions based on macro- and microelements;
- before the formation of the first true leaflet, the air humidity indicators should be 90-95%, and after its appearance, the humidity should be reduced to 80-85%;
- the optimum temperature of the water used to irrigate the seedlings is 20-21 ° C.
Particular attention is required to observe the temperature regime, as well as high-quality illumination of seedlings.
|Seedling age||Air temperature||Soil temperature||Backlighting|
|Before germination||27 ° C||24 ° C||Not required|
|3 days||24 ° C||24 ° C||24 hours|
|5 days||23 ° C||23 ° C||20 hours|
|The appearance of this sheet||21 ° C||22 ° C||18 hours|
|Day before planting in a permanent place||20 ° C||22 ° C||Not required|
|After planting||21 ° C||21 ° C||Not required|
When planting seedlings in the early spring, it is desirable to equip high ridges, on which there is an optimal warming up of the soil and a high-quality supply of the root system with air. Soil temperature should be about 18-20 ° C. The recommended planting density is two plants per square meter. From the time of sowing to harvesting the first crop, an average of one and a half months passes. Dates may vary depending on the observance of agricultural technology and the time of sowing.
Cucumber "Kibria f1" is very responsive to timely and proper care. The main activities in the cultivation of this hybrid form are watering, top dressing, cultivation, weeding, protection from pests and pathogenic microorganisms, as well as the formation of a bush.
- Irrigation with warm water is carried out as the top layer of soil is dried on the ridges, the best option is to use a drip irrigation system for garden crops.
- After manual watering, the ridges should be protected from the formation of soil crust and shallow and very accurate loosening is carried out.
- Top dressing is carried out with fertilizers, which must necessarily contain phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium and a small amount of nitrogen.
- As organic fertilizers, it is advisable to use slightly rotted cow or horse manure at the rate of 25 kg per square meter.
- To form cucumber plants of this hybrid form, it is desirable to "half-umbrella" or L-shaped, with blinding of the lower 4-7 sinuses.
- In low light or not high enough temperature, it is recommended to normalize the ovaries. The height of the trellis can reach 2.5-2.7 m.
- Harvesting should be done daily.
Compliance with optimal microclimatic conditions, as well as timely feeding and prevention significantly minimize the risk of plant damage by diseases and pests.
Reviews of vegetable growers
Hybrid cucumber "Kibria f1", bred by Holland breeders, has well-growing lateral shoots and forms high-yielding bundles of ovaries. According to vegetable growers, this is a very early, stress-resistant, productive and tasty hybrid that can easily withstand significant overloads of greenhouses and does not stop growth. Gardeners were impressed by the results of productivity and taste of the fruit.
Cucumbers: growing and care
The hybrid has gained particular popularity in greenhouses and small farms engaged in the cultivation of this vegetable crop in Central, Central Russia and in the south of the country. Many vegetable growers praised the advantages of this new hybrid form, and also noted the ability to get a high yield even under adverse growing conditions.