We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A very early partenocarpic hybrid form of cucumbers with a female flowering type "Zyatek f1" is intended for cultivation in open ground and film greenhouses. This popular hybrid from the Gavrish company, the Federal State Budgetary Institution of Higher VNIIO is included in the State Register and is ideally suited for cultivation under film shelters in personal household plots throughout Russia.
Cucumber "Zyatek f1" is a hybrid form with high yield indicators, suitable for use in salads, pickling and pickling. The bushes are characterized by medium stature and climbing. The plant is disease resistant and can be cultivated in open and protected ground.
In the axils of the leaves 2-6 ovaries are formed. Zelentsy are cylindrical in shape, tuberous, white-thorny, without bitterness, with juicy and crisp flesh. The main color is green, there are white stripes. The length of the green stuff does not exceed 12.5 cm, and the transverse size is about 3.7 cm. The average weight of the fruit does not exceed 95 grams.
Advantages and disadvantages
The hybrid form "Zyatek f1" is perfectly adapted for cultivation in home gardens on the territory of our country and has the following characteristics:
- excellent taste and appearance of the fruit;
- universality of the use of cucumbers;
- the ability to collect not overgrown greens for pickles or gherkins;
- high overall yield;
- adaptability to many adverse weather factors;
- good survival of seedlings and high germination of seeds;
- the ability to transport crops over long distances;
- unpretentiousness in terms of care;
- good resistance to cladosporiosis, VOM, LMR and NMR.
The average yield of one plant with proper care is at least 7 kg. Commercial yield is about 13.2 kg per square meter. The hybrid form successfully combines the excellent taste of crispy, fragrant fruits and the versatility of their use.
How to grow cucumbers
In order to get a plant with maximum yield and a long fruiting period, you must follow all stages of sowing and planting cucumbers "Zyatek f1".
Presowing seed treatment
Seeds of cucumber "Zyatek f1" are produced by several companies. Vegetable growers have the opportunity to purchase seeds in the Econom package, where there are 10 pieces, and in the Farmer package containing 100 seeds, as well as packs of coated seeds, packaged in 40 pieces.
Coated seeds do not need pre-sowing preparation. Ordinary seed should be prepared before sowing, taking measures such as sorting, preventive disinfection, hardening and soaking before biting. Pre-sowing seed preparation is one of the most important agrotechnical methods, allowing to increase the germination of seed material.
Cucumber "Zyatek f1" can be grown by direct sowing. Sowing directly to ridges in greenhouses is carried out in mid-May. When sowing on ridges of open ground, you should wait another week or two, which will insure the crops from late frosts. Landing pattern - 50 x 50 cm. The plant bears fruiting on the 42nd day after the appearance of full seedlings.
It is not necessary to rush with the start of growing cucumber seedlings, since overgrown shoots are characterized by poor survival. Sowing seedlings is carried out in late April. Cucumbers "Zyatek f1" are distinguished by their friendly and rapid germination and allow you to get a very high-quality, viable seedlings. It can be grown both in the greenhouse and in indoor conditions.
For seed germination, the optimum temperature is 25-30 ° C. The depth of sowing seeds in nutrient soil, which is filled with individual seedlings, is 2-3 cm. Seedlings of cucumbers are watered with water in a day or two. When growing seedlings, it is required to double-fill the soil and top-dress with complex fertilizers. A week before planting at a permanent place, the seedlings are quenched.
Cucumber "Zyatek f1" is unpretentious in leaving and is content with timely watering, cultivating, weeding and top dressing.
In the open ground
The cultivation of cucumbers in the open field has some features, the observance of which will allow you to get a good crop of quality greenery:
- when the first shoots appear, it is necessary to conduct surface loosening of the soil around the plants;
- warm water is used for irrigation;
- irrigation frequency is 2-3 times a week;
- During the growing season, 3-4 top dressing with full compound mineral or complex fertilizers is carried out;
- it is necessary to carefully and regularly weed out weeds in rows and rows between ridges.
To simplify the maintenance, as well as to improve the temperature and water regimes of ridges with cucumbers, it is better to mulch. On each square meter of the landing area, it is recommended to grow no more than 2-4 plants.
In the greenhouse
Inside the greenhouse, the vegetable grower has a great opportunity to independently create and control growing conditions by adjusting the temperature and humidity. Cucumber care in closed ground consists in the timely formation and proper pinching of plants, periodic watering, top dressing and control of microclimatic indicators.
- On sunny days, it is desirable to maintain the air temperature at 26-29 ° C, conducting regular ventilation, and in cloudy weather the temperature can be about 21-23 ° C.
- The upper part of the main cucumber stalk should be pinched at the moment when it will outgrow the trellis by about 20-25 cm.
- The soil on the cucumber ridges in the greenhouse should be constantly moist, but not waterlogged.
- The first top dressing is carried out approximately a month after planting seedlings, then top dressing is carried out approximately once a week.
- As fertilizers, it is allowed to use mineral components such as ammonium nitrate, urea, ammophos, superphosphates, as well as Kemira or PUM-1 products.
- The productivity of this vegetable garden crop increases significantly with regular use of high-quality manure for top dressing.
Harvesting should be carried out regularly, preferably in the morning, and be accompanied by the removal of substandard greenhouses or injured green mass of the plant.
You may also be interested in an article in which we talk about early varieties of cucumbers.
The best varieties of cucumbers
Reviews of vegetable growers
Zyatek cucumber in most cases has very good reviews from vegetable growers. The hybrid works equally well both under film cover and when grown without cover. Cucumbers are formed smooth and beautiful. The crop ripens amicably, quickly enough, the nettle is not marked. Slight temperature fluctuations practically do not have a noticeable negative effect on plants.
With proper formation, the yield of cucumbers is very high, and the fruiting is long. Even under adverse weather conditions, greenery grows very tasty, without the presence of bitterness in the pulp, crunchy and fragrant. The peel on the fruit is very thin, the seeds are small, and the flesh is sweet and pleasant. The hybrid form "Zyatek f1", of course, deserves attention, and the disadvantages of the variety of vegetable growers include only the relatively high cost of seed material.