We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Gardeners are trying various means for feeding vegetable crops when growing. Ready-made mixtures and inexpensive folk remedies sold in stores are used. Among such folk remedies, succinic acid is lost - this is not a top dressing, but a growth stimulant. She will not be able to replace the usual micro and macro elements, but she is quite capable of helping the seeds to sprout, and the seedlings to grow. What properties this remedy has and how to use it in vegetable growing, we will consider below.
Composition and properties of succinic acid
Succinic acid is a product of amber processing.
A powder of white or colorless, odorless, consisting of amber crystals, has a sour taste, similar to the taste of citric acid. Also, this element is found in all plants and living microorganisms. The human body also produces succinic acid.
- Using the product as a growth stimulant will be easier if you purchase a powder. It dissolves easily in water, so it's easy to get a delicious drink for cucumbers.
- During processing, crystals are absorbed into roots, seeds, soil and green mass, improving quality and helping them grow faster.
- When treated with an aqueous solution of seeds, germination increases significantly.
- When sprayed with a solution of seedlings, it becomes more resistant to cold snaps and droughts, and fights diseases more aggressively. With double processing, the fruits ripen faster. Increases the level of chlorophyll in green mass.
- When processing roots, they form better and grow faster.
- When the solution is introduced into the soil, the acid normalizes the balance of microorganisms. Destroys toxic substances, eliminates the accumulation of harmful nitrates in the soil.
When conducting experiments on plants, the most effective dosage of succinic acid for the growth of cucumbers was established. It is 25 milligrams of powder per liter of water.
Forms of issue
The drug is produced in tablets, powder and pills (capsules with granules). But they can also offer other products called "Succinic acid" - these are biologically active food additives. Such tablets also contain other components that are dangerous to plants. Therefore, you need to carefully choose a drug that contains only one active substance.
Preparation and storage of the solution
Since the drug is a potent growth stimulant, it should be used with caution. If a dose of a concentrated solution gets on the skin or mucous membranes, the acid will cause burns. Prepare a mixture for spraying or watering plants with gloves. If the mixture still gets on the body, you need to immediately treat this area with a baking soda solution and rinse with water.
The solution is prepared depending on the purpose: when watering the root system, a more concentrated mixture is prepared, for spraying the plants, the concentration is made less. After cooking, use the entire mixture. It cannot be stored. Therefore, you need to calculate the required amount before processing.
Use on plants
Since the substance is found in all microorganisms, it can be used to improve the growth of all plants. However, the concentration of crystals is different.
To prepare the seeds for planting, use a 0.2% solution with water. To prepare a solution for soaking seeds, you need to dilute 2 grams of the substance in 100 grams of water, then a liter of water is heated to room temperature and added to the mixture. You should get 1 liter of seed impregnation mixture.
Presowing preparation can also be carried out with potato tubers. Potatoes are sprayed with the solution and left for several hours so that the acid is absorbed.
To strengthen the seedlings before transplanting to a permanent place of growth, the granules are diluted as follows: 2.5 grams are diluted in 1 liter of water at room temperature. Before planting, water the seedlings with this solution, after an hour you need to plant the seedlings in the ground at a permanent place of growth. Another way to help seedlings is to spray the mixture with a spray bottle.
Root system preparation
To help small cucumbers settle down in a new place and form a powerful root system, plants are spilled with 0.2% amber solution to a depth of 15-30 centimeters. It depends on the age of the plants and the depth of planting. The procedure is carried out once a week.
Recovery of cucumbers after hypothermia
If the green mass is sick and wilted after suffering hypothermia or drought, it can be revived with amber. To do this, spray all damaged parts of plants with a 0.2% solution, the procedure must be repeated once every two or three weeks until a positive result is obtained.
The use of succinic acid for other fruit plants
Succinic acid helps to develop not only cucumbers, but also other crops:
- The tomatoes are watered with the mixture during flowering. Then the harvest will be tied up and ripe faster. The bushes are watered with a solution at the rate of 2 grams of the drug for two buckets of warm water. Watering is carried out twice a week.
- Potato tubers are sprayed with a solution before planting. Then the potatoes take root faster and form a larger crop.
- Strawberries are poured with a solution of 0.75 grams of acid in a bucket of water. This measure helps to develop the root system, forms resistance to temperature extremes and increases the yield of berries.
- Peppers during flowering are sprayed with amber solution to form ovaries. The procedure is carried out 3 times, the first - before flowering, the second and third - after.
There are several ways to use the solution:
- watering the soil;
- soaking the roots of seedlings;
- soaking seeds;
- spraying plants.
Greens are sprayed in case of a disease that appears on the foliage, during flowering and fruit setting. The treatment with succinic acid is not limited only to fruit and vegetable crops. These fertilizers are also used to stimulate the growth of indoor and outdoor flowers.
Other uses of succinic acid
It is used for the manufacture of medicines and dietary supplements. It helps people cope with diseases, rejuvenates the body, improves the functioning of the circulatory system, helps a person to adapt to stressful situations and improves mood. But you need to use this drug only as directed by a doctor, an incorrect dosage will lead to the opposite result.
When using preparations for plants, the permissible dilution rates must be taken into account, otherwise the acid will harm the plants. Good harvests!