We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Potato "Jelly" refers to mid-season varieties that are widely used in cultivation on an industrial scale. The originator of this variety is the famous Europlant company known to many potato growers in our country and abroad.
The middle-early consumer variety "Jelly" has a very high yield potential, and is also suitable as a raw material for the production of french fries. The patent holder for this variety is Europlant Pflanzenzucht GMBH.
The root crops are oval in shape, with a predominantly smooth, but sometimes slightly rough yellow skin. The eyes are relatively small. The pulp is dark yellow. The starch content is 13.4-17.8%. The weight of one root crop varies from 84 g to 135 g. Productivity is 160-330 kg / ha.
It belongs to the group of varieties of medium early ripening and table appointments. The period from seedlings to technical maturity does not exceed 90 days. In addition to high taste and marketability, the variety is characterized by resistance to the pathogen of potato cancer and the golden potato cyst nematode, moderate susceptibility to tops and tubers to the causative agent of late blight.
The best varieties of potatoes
Most often, potatoes are planted in previously prepared furrows, while at the same time plowing in the soil high-quality mineral or organic fertilizers. It should be borne in mind that when planting potatoes in the optimum early period, when there is a well-prepared and well-warmed soil, the yield increases by about 25-30% compared with the volume of the crop obtained as a result of late planting.
In addition, when planting potatoes, it is very important to consider the climatic zone of cultivation and the type of soil, as well as observe the following rules:
- the planting period has a significant impact on the yield and quality of tubers, and planting material is planted when the soil at a depth of 10 cm is warmed up to 8-10aboutWith heat;
- for planting early potatoes, the most open areas are used, on which the snow mass melts at the earliest possible date;
- the landing area should contain cultivated soil with a light or medium type mechanical composition;
- siderates, beets, any kind of cabbage, cucumber and greens can be excellent precursors for potatoes;
- potatoes are almost always planted in an ordinary way, only the row spacing and the distance between the laid tubers are changed: the planting pattern is 60 x 35 cm, and the planting depth is 8-10 cm.
In recent years, planting potatoes under agrofibre has been especially popular. This method has many advantages and allows you to protect plants from late return frosts in early spring.
If planting was carried out as early as possible, and potato seedlings had appeared, but return frosts were expected, then cover the plantings with plastic wrap, use reasonably effective smoke, or wind up the plants with tops.
Further care for the potatoes of the described variety involves the following activities:
- for each square meter of potato plantings, it is recommended to make about 5-10 kg of high-quality organic matter;
- the first earthing up of potatoes should be done at a seedling height of 20 cm, and it is necessary to sprinkle with soil in the earthing process the lower part of the plant, up to the leaves;
- the second action for the earthing up of potatoes should be carried out at the very beginning of the stage of budding;
- proper care of potatoes implies regular cultivation of crops, as well as timely weeding;
- deep cultivation of potatoes in the rows, as well as in the aisles, it is important to carry out from the moment the first seedlings appear. Early loosening is carried out with a rake or hoe;
- potato irrigation is especially important at the stage of budding and flowering of a plant. Watering is recommended to be combined with top dressing.
At the first signs of early potato damage by pests or diseases, the plants are treated with chemical agents.
We also offer you to learn about modern methods of growing potatoes.
Reviews of vegetable growers
The characteristics of the varietal qualities of the Jelly potato, as well as the description of the variety given by the originator, are confirmed in the reviews of vegetable growers. Most often, potato growers leave a positive assessment for this variety. In their opinion, potatoes form very tall bushes, sprawling, with white flowers.
How to plant potatoes under a straw
The tubers are formed quite large, with a yellow peel and dark yellow pulp, which does not digest, and also has a wonderful creamy taste and a pronounced potato aroma. The variety is highly regarded by experienced potato growers, and has recently become more and more in demand in home gardening.