We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
With tomato trees, which are known as "Octopus F1" tomatoes, few vegetable growers are familiar. Such a hybrid plant managed to be bred relatively recently, but now it is possible to evaluate both the advantages of such a tomato and its shortcomings.
Description and characteristics of the variety
This unusual variety aroused keen interest both among beginning gardeners and farmers involved in the cultivation of tomatoes for the purpose of further sale. Such a stir around the Octopus tomatoes is not accidental and is due to the declared the opportunity to get just a fabulous harvest. Work at the genetic level made it possible to obtain a hybrid with a perfectly developed root system, as well as very powerful leaves.
Hybrid indeterminate, mid-ripening in terms of ripening, universal use, with excellent taste and marketability. Harvesting begins 115 days after the appearance of mass seedlings. Feature is the ability to grow such a tomato tree for 1.5 years, getting a very high yield.
In addition, this hybrid form is characterized by heat resistance, disease resistance, high yield potential and a long yield period. Designed for cultivation in greenhouses and greenhouses.
The claimed high resistance to damage by diseases such as verticillosis, TMV, as well as vertex and root rot. Transportability is high.
Fruits are round in shape, red, saturated and bright in color, with dense, fleshy pulp, not prone to cracking. The average weight of the fetus is about 125 g. No spotting is observed in the region of the stalk. Tomato of this hybrid form belongs to the category of carpal, and compares favorably with other new products in terms of power and significant growth force. Each brush forms about 5-6 fruits. The total yield reaches 7 kg per square meter of plantings.
How to plant a tomato tree
Tomato growing technology
Today, vegetable growers and gardeners practice several options for cultivating the "Octopus F1" hybrid in the climatic conditions of our country, as well as in Ukraine and Moldova.
Getting and transplanting seedlings
In order to get high-quality and healthy seedlings that can bring abundant crops, you should adhere to the following rules for growing seedlings:
- sowing of seeds is carried out in the last ten days of January or in the first days of February;
- the soil should be used for crops enriched with complex fertilizers;
- in winter, a prerequisite is the provision of seedlings and grown seedlings with additional lighting;
- when picking and replanting plants to a permanent place, the method of pinching the root root should be used, which will stimulate the formation of additional roots and increase the area of plant nutrition.
Planting seedlings should be carried out when about seven leaves are present on the plants, and the height is not less than 15 cm and not more than 30 cm. Tomato bushes should be planted in a greenhouse or greenhouse at a considerable distance. The optimum is a gap of 1.0-1.5 m. Tomato wonder tree can reach a height of 4 m, which involves the use of reliable supports to which the stem is tied as the plant grows.
Seasonal or amateur growing
In conditions of amateur cultivation, the seasonal yield of the "Octopus" variety is about 6-7 kg of ripe and juicy tomatoes from each bush. During seasonal cultivation, tomato bushes of this hybrid practically do not stand out against the rest of the varieties and hybrid forms.
Care during seasonal cultivation is absolutely standard and consists in the planned conduct of activities such as weeding, pinching, watering, followed by loosening of the soil around the bushes, as well as fertilizing under tomato plants at least twice a month.
Special agricultural technology in hydroponics
The process of growing a tomato miracle tree has a duration of one and a half years or more. Climatic and weather conditions in a significant part of our country suggest obtaining productivity only when cultivating a hybrid form in year-round, heated and illuminated greenhouse constructions.
In addition, the effectiveness of the cultivation depends entirely on compliance with the following cultivation requirements of such a vegetable crop:
- a nutrient solution is a mixture of ammonium nitrate, potassium nitrate, simple superphosphate, magnesium sulfate, ferric citrate, boric acid, manganese sulfate, zinc sulfate and copper sulfate dissolved in water;
- the temperature of the nutrient solution should vary from +18 to +22aboutC, and in the summer, a slight increase in temperature to + 25 ° C is allowed;
- temperature indicators of the air in the greenhouse should be at night at the level of 17-19aboutWith heat, and in the daytime the temperature can be from 20 to 25aboutFROM;
- from December to mid-February, the use of additional illumination of tomato bushes is mandatory;
- the first 7-8 months, attention should be paid to the formation of the plant, completely depriving it of the fruiting process.
In the crown of a tomato tree, stepsoning is not carried out. Any shoots are used to harvest. After the crown of the tomato tree is fully formed, the active fruiting phase begins.
The hybrid form of tomatoes "Octopus F1" when grown as an annual vegetable crop is not too demanding to care for. Standard pinching is carried out, followed by tying the plant. When growing on hydroponics, stepsoning is not carried out.
The main activities that are necessary to increase productivity can be identified by the following points:
- three-time watering of tomato bushes with water with the addition of iodine at the rate of a bubble per bucket of water;
- the application of organic and mineral fertilizers at least twice a week;
- pinching the central stem, which will limit shoot growth and reduce the outflow of nutrients from the hearths into the formation of the green mass of the plant;
- preventive spraying of tomato bushes from the main diseases and pests;
- intensive and regular watering under the root of the plant in the absence of a drip irrigation system;
- removal of yellowed and wilted leaves in order to improve the ventilation of tomato bushes in the greenhouse.
Harvesting is carried out as it ripens.
Reviews of vegetable growers
Of course, almost any indeterminate variety, and even more so a new hybrid form of tomatoes, can, if desired, be turned into a similar tomato tree. If there is a year-round heated greenhouse design, as well as using hydroponics and conducting a certain plant formation, the result will be approximately the same as in the delightful photos of the miracle tree.
Tomatoes "Octopus F1": cultivation
Despite the fact that Russian vegetable growers had enough time to grow such a tomato tree, most gardeners still enjoy a foreign curiosity. However, if you want to experiment, and also try something new and unusual, the seeds of the Octopus F1 tomato will be very helpful.