We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It is necessary to plant tulips in the Urals in the fall, when it is not so cold outside the window, the first frosts have not come, and the air temperature has not reached 3 degrees. Such competent planting of tulips in compliance with all the rules of agricultural technology allows in the spring to expect timely budding and the blooming process of these delicate flowers. But even experienced flower growers can make mistakes in the timing of planting tulips, especially in the territories of Siberia and the Urals, with their special climatic conditions.
Features of planting tulips in Siberia and the Urals in the fall
Indeed, despite many years of gardening experience and knowledge about the timing of planting flowers, tulip lovers also have miscalculations and oversights in determining such periods. Planting bulbs before winter, later than the due date, threatens tulips with weak rooting before the onset of cold weather, and therefore a delay in further development and flowering.
Early planting of flowers leads to untimely shoots and, as a result, to freezing of sprouts, their rotting, and in the spring - to late and weak flowering.
Therefore, it is necessary to plant tulips in a particular region in due time.
Planting flowers in the Urals is carried out regionally:
- In the Middle Urals, planting tulips begins in the last decade of August and lasts almost until mid-September.
- In the territories of the Southern Urals, the planting of the described flowers begins from the first days of September and lasts until the third decade of October.
- In the Northern Urals, tulips are planted until mid-September.
Due to early frosts in Siberia, flower bulbs must be planted in August.
How to store tulips before planting in the fall?
For better preservation of the bulbs in the period from spring to autumn, flower growers take the following actions:
- tulip bulbs are processed - roots, clods of earth, adhering leaves are separated;
- planting material is soaked in a manganese solution;
- the onions are dried;
- covered with dry sawdust to absorb excess moisture.
Certain storage conditions are also observed:
- temperature regime, ranging from 20 to 25 degrees Celsius;
- a decrease in the usual storage temperature of planting material closer to autumn to 15 degrees Celsius;
- airing the room to avoid excessive humidity.
How to plant correctly?
From the moment the bulbs are planted and until they are completely rooted, about a month should pass. Therefore, it is necessary to start deepening the planting material no later than mid-September.
However, experienced flower growers take into account not only the above tulip planting periods, they also select suitable weather conditions and the optimum soil temperature of 8-10 degrees.
Before planting, the available material is sorted by size and processed:
- by visual inspection of the bulbs for rotting and possible damage;
- by removing the deformed or weakly adhering husk of the bulbs;
- by processing planting material, using specially designed means.
Important! Bulbs that are stored for a long time can accumulate all kinds of infections and diseases under dry husks. Therefore, before planting, the upper layers of the bulbs are removed and removed.
Clean onions are quickly saturated with nutrients and essential nutrients.
Processing the bulbs before planting
To disinfect the planting material, disinfection is carried out using certain means. Solutions are being prepared:
- From potassium permanganate (2 grams) diluted in water (10 liters). The bulbs are soaked in the solution for at least an hour.
- Based on the drug Vitaros (2 ml) and water (1 liter). The material is processed for half an hour.
- With the use of Fundazol (30 grams) and water (10 liters). The flower bulbs are soaked in the solution for about an hour.
- Based on Epin's solution (1 drop) and water (2 liters). The planting material is immersed in the mixture for about 24 hours.
The suggested dosages are enough to process 10 onions, no more.
Selecting and preparing a landing site
The place for planting tulips should be well lit and shady at the same time. Planting material should be buried in an area with a slight slope for the timely outflow of melt water.
The soil should be fertile and not acidic. A place for plantings must be prepared ahead of time, by loosening the soil and applying fertilizers in the form of humus or compost to it.
The place for planting tulips from year to year needs to be changed, and not to plant flowers in places previously occupied by onions, asters, lilies, gladioli.
How deep should you plant?
It is necessary to deepen the onions into the soil before winter by no more than 15 centimeters, depending on the diameter of the planting material. The classic method for determining this depth is calculated from the parameters of the height of the onion multiplied by 3.
According to the rules, large planting material is planted in the very middle of the flower bed, while small onions are planted at the edges. Growing seedlings, so as not to interfere with each other, are planted taking into account the distance between each flower. The distance between large heads should be about 10 centimeters, between small specimens - about 5-8 centimeters.
In the Urals and Siberia, it is necessary to plant tulips strictly according to the scheme. In the open field, planting is done in the following way:
- rows are raked in or depressions are made in the form of holes after a certain interval (somewhere in the 25-30 centimeters);
- the depth is calculated from the calculation: for small specimens - 7-10 centimeters, for medium-sized bulbs - about 12 centimeters, for large heads - no more than 15 centimeters;
- the planting material is buried bottom down, through a distance of about 10 centimeters from each other;
- all plantings on top are covered with earth.
Alternative methods of disembarkation
So, the autumn planting of tulips can be done in grooves, in rows, or in other, more interesting, ways proposed below.
Planting tulips using the tiered method involves planting the onions, depending on their size, at different distances in depth. The onions are not planted in rows, but above each other.
The largest tulip heads are located at a depth of about 15 centimeters. Above them, using a checkerboard pattern, the medium specimens of the described colors are planted. Small onions are located in the uppermost layer of the earth.
For the beauty of the flower beds and variety, with such a planting, one of the tiers of tulips can be replaced with other bulbous flowers - lilies, hyacinths, daffodils.
Another way to grow tulips is to use plastic containers.
The so-called basket-container with the planting material already placed inside is literally dug into the ground. Such a planting better protects the flowers from all kinds of diseases and invasions from pests.
And such plastic containers do not have to be immersed in the ground, they, with flowers already planted inside, can be placed anywhere, even throughout the backyard.
Further care of flowers
After planting and rooting, tulips need appropriate care:
- regular watering, especially during the dry season;
- loosening the soil layer to prevent the formation of a so-called crust on the surface;
- sprinkling flowers before frost with fallen leaves and dried grass;
- application of dressings and fertilizers with nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus.
Preparing for winter
Preparing tulips for the winter cold includes protection from frost and rodent infestations.
To protect against cold weather, you must:
- on the eve of winter, cover tulips with a layer of dry grass, peat and coniferous mass, dry foliage of trees;
- sprinkle with snow - such a step will naturally protect the tulips from frost.
From the attacks of rodents, improvised means are used, in the form of shelter of tulips, for example, spruce branches.